Spain attracts many expats. The main advantages of this country are a mild warm climate, a stable economy, a high level of medical and social services, quality food, etc. However, obtaining Spanish citizenship can be difficult - for this one must first become the owner of a residence permit, and only after that, subject to all conditions, one can count on the opportunity to become a citizen of Spain.
Options for obtaining a residence permit in Spain
The easiest and most affordable ways to obtain a Spanish residence permit are:
- Obtaining a student visa. It allows you to live in the country throughout the entire period of study at the university. For its registration, you must provide documents including confirmation of admission to the university, as well as payment for housing.
- Marrying a resident of Spain. In this case one can get a residence permit with the right to work, and after a year he/she can be eligible to obtain citizenship.
- Purchase of real estate. To obtain a residence permit the purchase amount must be more than 500 thousand euros. At the same time, a Golden Investor Visa is issued, which permits employment, and also does not limit the period of a person's stay in the country without leaving the country. Citizenship in this case can be obtained in 10 years.
- Investing more than 1 million euros into a bank account or acquiring shares of state-owned companies for the same amount.
- Signing a contract with local companies. This allows you to obtain a work visa for the required period of time, as well as a possibility to obtain a residence permit.
In addition to the above mentioned information, in order to move to the country permanently one can open a business in Spain. However, this method is considered one of the most time consuming, as it requires a large number of permits and additional documents.